Re: kernel update confuses nvidia drivers, where's error message?

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 17:27 +0000, Mike wrote:
> John Austin <ja <at> jaa.org.uk> writes:
>
> > So I would just try installing the matching kernel-devel for your system
> > yum install kernel-devel
> > should pull the one for the current kernel
>
> Well, I have not tried on my F9 systems but in F8 I did already have kernel-devel
> installed for the new kernel - at the time I posted the problem that was already
> the case - have you tried this for F8?   Later in the weekend I will try on my
> F9 system and I expect that will work OK.

I haven't but I need to
but not with all the yum mirrors down !!

Its been a painful story
Installed F9 on a machine with old Matrox G550 graphics card
X will only give 800x600 Resolution !!!!

Bought a cheap nvidia card - runs slowly with nv driver !!!
livna not rebuilding nvidia at the moment!!!!

The machine dual boots F8 (Stable) and now F9
so I need to get it going for F8 as well as F9

Half way there

John