Re: Fixing or removing NetworkManager ??

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:55 AM, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Shouldn't I be able to make commandline adjustments to network
configurations (for ill or good) and still get NetworkManager to
continue to operate, on my machine at least?  If I made mistakes,
shouldn't I, none-the-less, be able to correct them through the
NetworkManager gui?

I missed the original thread detailing how you munched your NM config..ill need to go back and read it.  But quick answer for now on how you can work around this until i understand how you screwed up your NM config:

system-config-network can be used in F9 if needed to configure devices using the legacy sysconfig network scripts. iit has a new setting to turn NM control of the device on or off per device. This gui toggle sets a new variable in the legacy networking scripts which get written down below /etc/sysconfig.  The legacy network service..appropriately named 'network' must be turned on...for these configs to be parsed...the legacy service its off by default.  If you have set the configs correct NM will ignore those devices and let the legacy service handle them.

-jef