Re: Project Stick In The Mud :-)

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Write bug reports, look for solutions, share them with your fellow Fedorians.  It is an adventure.  Many things are improving and changing with new releases, but that is how software works here.  It is constantly evolving and moving forward.  At least here you have a voice and also choices to follow.  In many other OS, you have no choices.  If a program does not work it is too bad you have to pay for it and if it does not work, it is your fault or your computer.  Here at least everyone has a fair share of something biting back.  For some might not have many problems at all and are very happy Fedora users.

I did write a bug report a couple of months back that hasn't even been looked at yet - and I handed them a new specfile on a silver platter.  Oh well.  Maybe it'll get better the more reports I submit.

I need that modified version, so I'm about to start my own yum repository just so users of my software can have it available.

--Russell