Re: Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

Ed Greshko wrote:
<snip>
I dislike having to filter since I need to keep track of what I've done.

not sure what you mean by 'keep track', but 'tbird' does have a
'filter log' you can enable.

 I feel as if I'm being forced to filter.

you filter for spam/junk mail. 'soap box' threads are not that much
more trouble.

when a new 'sb' thread starts, i just press <ctrl+u> to get 'source'
window, then click 'tools > message filers' and open active filter,
click '+' to add. then a short pointer drag and center button click
and i have a new 'sb' filter. takes longer to describe than to do.

Then there are folks  that may not be so good at filtering

they can always ask magic words of 'how to'

> and find themselves having mail "disappear".

what???

It is clear to me that a small minority of people have no regard for
others on this list.  They will tell you otherwise...but they don't.

no argument there. i agree 100%.

--

tc,hago.

.