Re: Printing with Canon Pixma iP1800 on Fedora Core 7

Valentina M wrote:

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Kevin Martin <kevintm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kevintm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    <snip>

<http://www.canon.com.au/products/printers/colour_bj_printers/ip1800_support.aspx>

               They worked, the printer seems to be recognized (Im not
        sure)
               but it won't print. When I send work to print "Fedora"
        doesnt
               report any problem but the printer doesnt make a thing.

               Does any1 know how I can fix that? If that is so, plz I
        would
               like to get some instructions, since I'm new on Linux.
               Thank u,
               Valentina

           Can you print as root?

           Kevin

           --    fedora-list mailing list
           fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>>

           To unsubscribe:

    That would be a good start...and please don't top-post.

    Kevin

-- fedora-list mailing list
    fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Well I logged as root, and keeps happening the same. When I try to print from OpenOfficeOrg or even from the printer settings, in the menu, where u can send a "Test Print Page" . Just doesn't do anything...

Thanks
Valentina

Do you see any odd usb errors in dmesg or in /var/log/messages?

Kevin