Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

On Jul 22, 2008, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Like others have said on this list, they should call it whatever
> they consider is best.

Do you think it's just fine if I call you Florisvaldo Azeitonares?
What if people started a campaign and got a lot of people to call you
like that, because "they consider it best"?  What if you found that
offensive and denigrating?

What if you kid's colleagues at school started calling him by a
demeaning name?  Wouldn't you reprimand the colleagues at school and
teach them that this is not something that good kids should do, or at
least ask the teacher to do so?

Why do you think this situation is any different?  Why is it that the
bullies get away with using a demeaning term to refer to our kid, and
even find that they have a right to do it?  Just because they invented
the name?