Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 03:29:34PM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Why is it a mistake?
>
> All I said is that people should call it the way they want to, if
> underneath the layers of software resides the linux kernel with/without
> the GNU utilites.  Like others have said on this list, they should call
> it whatever they consider is best.  You cannot force people to do as you
> want, whether old school or new school or whatever you believe.  IT should
> be called as you want.  Advocating GNU/Linux is okay peacefully, but not
> demanding as you come into the picture.  It is not right.

Since I'm not demanding or forcing anyone, I'm sorry to say, but you're
dangerously near to this profile:

Channel of Information, On-line Forums

 * Monitor the relevant Usenet groups at all times
 * Write well
 * Be exceedingly formal and polite
   o It is very easy to give offense
   o Always assume that you are wrong; ask others to explain it to you
   o Developers are impressed by clear, precise, polite communication
   o Don’t sound like a prig

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

I think it's useless to continue this, don't you? At least I won't bother
with you anymore, though...

Rui

--
Fnord.
Today is Pungenday, the 57th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?