Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

> > He used GNU packages in his project,
>
> *with*, not *in*.  His project was and still is named
> linux, and it's
> no more than a kernel.  Go check what he releases as
> linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
He does not do all the work by himself, are you forgetting all the other developers that send patches and help out in some way or another?

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/linuxkerneldevelopment.php

He was the original creator and yes he supervises the work, but he is not the sole developer!  Other people here deserve some credit as well.

> > can someone else demand I change the
> > name to GNU/NuOAR, cause I use some GNU bits?
>
> Nobody can demand any such thing.  But if you add 200LOC to
> a 5000LOC
> GNU project, it would be just reasonable to not give people
> the
> impression that you wrote it all, and to give credit to the
> work you
> based yours on.
>
> --
In the meantime, while following this thread and finding sites, I found one that asks

 Where Do You Stand in the GNU World Order?

The topic is GNU/Linx?
http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2002.1.6.154423.1887.html

If found this page regarding Stallman
http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.29.95736.251.html

and a page for Linux from awk to sed
http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.9.27.16143.1935.html

They are a bit old, but I hope that users here can read them if you have a chance.  Interesting reads.

Regards,

Antonio