Re: F9 - cups - windows shared printer

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 21:12 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Obviously I try to stay away from editing the cups config files by
> hand
> because they tend to get trampled on by cups configuration tools
> (http://localhost:631) or via system-config-printer (which finally
> seems
> to live in peace alongside cups configuration tools).

I generally agree that editing cups config files are not necessary,
except in one case.
I have yet to find out how you can configure a computer to print to
printers distributed by a remote print serve as well as a local printer
without editing its cupsd.conf file. Any suggestions?
Be free and open and breezy! Enjoy! Things won't get any better so get
used to it.