Re: Newbie: USB Pen Drive on Fedora Core 3

Bravismore Mumanyi wrote:
Hi All,
May any folk out there help me with a guide on how I manually mount USB pen drives on Fedora Core 3. I have tried plugging in a pen drive which shows an activity light but no icon is automatically displayed. I have failed to figure out where it is mounted.

/Biggie

FC3 is really old, and no longer supported. I don't believe that it would auto-mount USB pen drives. To mount a drive manually, you first have to know what drive it is. It will show up as a SCSI drive. If you do not have any other SCSI drives, it will show up as /dev/sda, and you will normally want to mount the first partition. You also have to create the mount point before you can mount it. For the first time mount, you would want to do something like:

mkdir /mnt/pen
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/pen

If you can, update to at least FC8. It has the advantage of getting security updates and bug fixes. It will also auto-mount your pen drive.

Mikkel