Re: AMD64 and Scanners

slow, not skating, :o)

Oliver Sampson wrote:
<snip>

also, have you made yourself a member of scanner groups?

No.

do it. being in 'group's makes for better association.

Interesting. On my i386 system, I installed the drivers and it worked
like a charm. Now on my AMD64 system, with the same drivers (there is no
64 bit version) and the same scanner, I get nada.

i have not gotten into pleasure of 64 bit yet, so i can not comment
on how and why of work/not work.

check: http://www.sane-project.org/ to search for backend drivers.

i copied all my scanner files that i still had and will check back thru
them to see where i found what i need for xsane and gimp.

can not help with iscan, do not believe it was released when i set up
scanner. which i have not done again as it was on loan and now returned.

also, is scanner working thru sane, xsane, or gimp?

No, no, and no. And not with the Avasys iscan either.

your i386 drivers may not work due to a changes in code from time of
i386 and now x86_64.

Wow. And I thought I had googled that pretty extensively. Thanks!

welcome. do use google-linux advanced address. does work much better.

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

I hadn't actually googled on the v10, but on AMD64 support.

in some cases, cpu may be needed, but in most all, device model is best
included.

Thanks!

most welcome.

going offline to take care of my mom. back in an hour or so.

later.

--

tc,hago.

.