Re: What is the point of the NM keyring?

Timothy Murphy <gayleard <at> eircom.net> writes:
> I will never say a rude word about KDE wallet again.
>
> But I still find NM's request for a password very annoying.

That's because of gnome-keyring's designer's stupid arrogance not to allow
passwordless keyrings (unlike KWallet which empowers the user). Instead, we're
stuck with some PAM hackery which allows reusing the login password, which
obviously won't work if you use autologin, and which doesn't appear to be
working properly with KDM even if you don't. This is part of why I'm really
hoping for a KDE alternative to nm-applet which supports KWallet to come out
soon.

        Kevin Kofler