Re: eeedora 2.0 ?

On 7/21/08, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> are there anybody interested in working on Eeedora? As I can see by
> eeedora page (custom Fedora version for Asus eee) [1] it looks like it
> is dead in the water (please corect me if I'm wrong).

I'm not sure that custom distributions are a great idea for the general public.
They may work beautifully, but how do you know that there will be
security updates  3 weeks after installation?

> I would put al of my talents to work on this project but I'm not a
> coder so please point me in the right direction. I see Ubuntu doing a
> much [2] more so I'm wandering it there is not engough Fedorans using
> Asus eeePC or are they just happy with Xandros or Ubuntu [2] on their
> Asus eees?

Actually, I'm quite happy with F9 on the eee. That's partly thanks to
your notes on making wifi work.

Andras