Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

Thomas Cameron wrote:
On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 02:00 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jul 19, 2008, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Look at it from the outside, Alexandre.  There are many who feel
that
the FSF's demand for everyone to pay homage by calling it GNU/Linux
is
just an attempt to steal the "glory" of Linus's success.
*If* that was the case, it would just be returning the alleged glory
to the project that most deserved it.  The people who most strongly
oppose this correction are precisely those who stole the "glory" of
GNU's success.

Um, hold on a sec, there.  "Stole?"  To steal typically means to have
the intent to deprive another of property.  I've been using Linux since
1995, and I've never, ever seen anyone in the Linux community indicate
that they intended to deprive GNU of any property or even credit for all
they've done.

I don't know how you can possibly object to Alexandre's use of the word "stole", when it was a response to your using the *same* word in the *same* context in the message that he replied to.