Re: that old GNU/Linux argument

Anders Karlsson wrote:

>> Bizarrely, it seems one has to pay for a "Live Hurd CD".
>
> No, you can find them easily to download. Plug "live cd debian hurd"
> into google and you'll have results quickly.

Actually, I didn't find this as simple as it sounds.
On googling for "live cd debian hurd" the first few items I encountered
seemed to date from 2003 and 2005.

After some detective work, it seems the latest version of Hurd is K16,
which appears to have been "published" at the end of 2007.
(I had assumed from the discussion here
that a new version of Hurd had just been issued,
but if that is so I did not find it.)

However, the only concrete site I found
on googling for "live cd debian hurd K16"
was <http://www.superunprivileged.org/hurd/live-cd/>
which said "the very latest Hurd LiveCD" is hurd-live-cd-20051117.iso.gz .

Perhaps one of the Stallmanites on the list
could take a short break from the (to me) very unrewarding discussion
of GNU and non-GNU licences,
and post a precise URL where one can download the latest Live Hurd CD.