Re: F8 All multi media is TRIPLE SPEED!

Ric Moore wrote:
On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 21:22 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If the OP has more than one kernel installed, maybe try using the older  one?
I have had a few kernel upgrades since and I think my config keeps
only 3 kernels around.
So, I ain't rolling back a kernel at this stage. (It started a few weeks ago.)

Well, if you only have several kernels still loaded, just choose the
oldest one to boot on. See if that makes any difference. Trouble
shooting with a shotgun here.
Maybe some one more knowledgeable with kernel parameters could hand you
something to append to the end of the kernel load string, during the
grub boot, to throttle the cpu? Ric

Changing kernel versions didn't help for me. Funny thing - I changed motherboards and now it is back to normal. I am not sure if it was changing from the snd-intel8x0 driver to the snd-atiixp driver, or the fact that the system recalculated something like CPU delay. (I forget the exact message.)

Mikkel