Re: setroub;eshoot problem

max wrote:
Steve wrote:

---- max <maximilianbianco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2 - The only other sane thing I could advise you too do is bounce your question off the fedora-selinux list. I would include a reference to this thread and all the relevant details. The kernel your running, the policy version (rpm -qa | grep selinux...setrouble) , setroubleshoot version, the error messages below , and that you run in permissive and used preupgrade to go from f8 to f9. This will ensure that the right people see your message, this list is also monitored but I think when they get busy fedora-selinux is likely to still get checked more often than fedora-list.
I was trying to avoid this. I already get several hundred e-mails per day and I would guess that the selinux list is pretty busy too. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it for a while.

I found this in the SELinux list archives:

http://www.nsa.gov/SELinux/list-archive/0801/thread_body36.cfm

which appears to say there was a problem but it was fixed in a patch. I wonder if it has not made it to F9 yet?

Steve
It could be related but they seem to have been running mls policy which is not the default policy in f9. I think the patch would have made it into F9 by now, the thread dates back to January and F9 released in May if memory serves. I think in the end you will have to rebuild the policy. The only way that I know of to change the handle_unknown=deny to allow is at policy build time. This is set to allow in F8 and F9. Why yours is not this way is something I don't understand, unless mine is screwed up somehow but I doubt it. I have looked at two f9 boxes and an f8 box. All of them have the handle_unknown=allow. Maybe a third party could confirm this :

dmesg | grep -i selinux

Use the Force,

Max
Steve,

Try semodule -B . It had completely slipped past me. It will force a rebuild and reload of policy.
Checkout man semodule.

Max

--
Fortune favors the BOLD