Re: Program to compress AVI files

Paul Smith wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's all manner of schemes available to you, MPEG (encumbered, but
widely playable), Ogg Theora (unencumbered, but probably not easily
viewable if you don't use Linux), and many others.

Thanks, Tim. Since there is no action video, I will reduce the frame
rate, and encoding the screen cast as MPEG, since the other person
uses MS Windows.

Paul

I've never had a lot of luck dropping the frame rate for something that large. It won't hurt to try. If this is a screencast have you made sure the other person's monitor runs at that resolution? I'm sure it does, but I'd had to have you drop the frame rate and still have the image too big for their screen.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support