Re: F9: Problem setting resolution and video lockups

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, g wrote:

you did not mention if using gnome or kde and if making changes as user or as root, or how you tried

	My primary desktop is Xfce but I've tried under all of them.

with kde, under 'administration' select 'display', then under 'display settings', select 'hardware', 'monitor type', at 'monitor', click show all available monitors, select 'daewood 707b', click ok.

return to 'settings', then 'resolution', select '1280x1024', click ok and restart kde.

The problem is when I set the monitor as you show above the only options for resolution are 800x600 and 640x480. Nothing I do will get me anything no higher than 800x600.

if this has been tried, you can go to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' and set up display and resolution.

Is that old console X config tool still part of Xorg? Maybe I can use it (if I can remember what the heck it is).

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure