Re: F9: Func and Certmaster

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Dan Thurman wrote:
I have not configured anything for certmaster - not knowing
anything  about it nor about func either.

Can someone shed some advice here?

Ok, I disabled funcd in the service and I know that this has nothing
to do with system-config-services.  It still hangs.  Different issue
to solve.  But anyway, with funcd disabled, there is no tracebacks
so I solved that issue for now.

I think a good question to ask is why do you have these packages
installed if you don't know what they do and you are not using them?
The more moving parts you introduce to any system, the more likely you
are to have problems with it.
Actually, I am learning about the parts of the whole and deciding whether
or not I want to use anything useful.  I have actually learned a lot about
what is available in F9, what "it" is used for, what I need and what I do
not need. It turns out that one-self is pretty much left to solve the problem
for one-selves when the going gets tough.

Clearly, there are some issues when installing "everything" and here, I tried
it and found out where the conflicts are, what does not interoperate very
well, what to avoid, and probably some "bugs" seemingly noted in the logs.
Interesting thing here, is I have installed almost everything, except those which
conflicts with one another or has bugs in them.

Func/certmaster is new to me and I will certainly look into it's usefulness,
but not now, later.

Problems are fun, so as long as you can solve it. The hardest one for me right
now is system-config-services which hangs itself for no apparent reason, no
error messages of any kind. It is python code so I guess I will have to take a
deeper look into it.

Dan