Re: F9: Func and Certmaster

Dan Thurman wrote:

I found out the hard way why I was getting a grub-startup
with a traceback error I luckily captured with a ^s.

I found out that funcd failed to start because it could not locate
a certmaster server running. So noticed that funcd was not running
and manually tried to start it. The error that appeared shows exactly
the same traceback in the grub startup as follows:

# service funcd start
Starting func daemon: /var/run/funcd.pid
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/funcd", line 10, in <module>
   server.main(sys.argv)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/func/minion/server.py", line 258, in main
   requester.request_cert()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/certmaster/requester.py", line 22, in request_cert
   utils.create_minion_keys()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/certmaster/utils.py", line 174, in create_minion_keys raise codes.CMException, "Could not locate certmaster at %s" % master_uri certmaster.codes.CMException: Could not locate certmaster at http://certmaster:51235/

Now, I suppose that I can simply disable the func from services but then again, it may not solve my problem related to a previous posting regarding the failure to start my services gui: system-config-services as it fails with no error messages, no system log data, but then again, this may not even be related. So I decided to post this tidbit of
information so that others may not have problems, if any.

I have not configured anything for certmaster - not knowing anything about it nor about
func either.

Can someone shed some advice here?

Ok, I disabled funcd in the service and I know that this has nothing
to do with system-config-services.  It still hangs.  Different issue to
solve.  But anyway, with funcd disabled, there is no tracebacks so
I solved that issue for now.