Re: RAID issues

jeff@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've been successfully running RAID1 since the Fedora 7 days on this system. This morning I processed the new "updates" on the system (Fedora 9 x86_64),
since one of the updates was a new kernel I rebooted the machine (first
time in about a month which may be a clue to other software updates!)

At this point the system does not reboot and fails with the RAID partitions. Specifically I get to the point in the bootup "Waiting for driver initialization" and then it follows with
md: md6 stopped.
mdadm: no devices found for /dev/md6
md: md3 stopped.
mdadm: no devices found for /dev/md3
trying to resume from /dev/md3

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rerun the FC 9 installer, tell it to update your existing Fedora 9 install, it won't end up doing anything, but it will reinstall grub, and rebuilt the initrd.