Re: BOINC again !?

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 22:52 -0700, Craig White wrote:
[big snip]
> ----
> yum install mod_ssl
> service httpd restart

Port 443 now appears in netstat.  Thanks.
Boinc still not working -- but that is an application problem to be
figured out in the morning.

> seems hard to believe that mod_ssl wasn't already installed.
>
> What packages are required by boinc?  Are they installed? Sounds like
> you built it from source and not from rpm packaging.

Had it working fine in Fedora 8 when it was an rpm install from the
Boinc site.  If you are wondering; it is a distributed computing program
working on cancer, dengue fever cures etc.

This time it was packaged in the Fedora 9 repo site.
I downloaded and installed it with yum (yumex).

Thanks Craig.  I actually learned a lot about a subject(s) I had been
putting off too long.  I appreciate your help.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2