Re: Upgrade from Fedora 7 to 9, no GUI

JUSTIN TAYLOR wrote:
I tried renaming /etc/inittab.rpmnew to /etc/inittab but that did not work.

The last three lines in /var/log/Xorg.0.log are:
(EE) No devices detected.
Fatal server error:
no screens found

Your X server looks like its configured wrong and isn't starting up. So, your system remains at one of the text logins. You need to determine what's wrong with your X server. At this point, its probably best to play with the "startx" command while you are logged in as yourself (not root) so you can view the errors on your console when it fails. I suspect that the actual failure happens much earlier in your Xorg.0.log file.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx