Re: Upgrade from Fedora 7 to 9, no GUI

JUSTIN TAYLOR wrote:
I tried renaming /etc/inittab.rpmnew to /etc/inittab but that did not work.

The last three lines in /var/log/Xorg.0.log are:
(EE) No devices detected.
Fatal server error:
no screens found
Your X server looks like its configured wrong and isn't starting up.
So, your system remains at one of the text logins. You need to
determine what's wrong with your X server. At this point, its probably
best to play with the "startx" command while you are logged in as
yourself (not root) so you can view the errors on your console when it
fails. I suspect that the actual failure happens much earlier in your
Xorg.0.log file.
--
Kevin J. Cummings