Re: Fedora/grub bug -- I think ?

Hi All;

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 20:04 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi Tim;
>
> On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 07:35 +0930, Tim wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 10:28 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > > When I first boot I get the Fedora grub splash screen/menu twice --
> > > besides that everything else boots normally.

[snip]

My grub.conf contains the following line.

splashimage=(hd1,4)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

I altered my splashimage line slightly by putting a single space
between 'splashimage=(hd1,4)' and '/grub/splash.xpm.gz'.

When I re-booted instead of the Fedora splash image, I got a bare bones
colourless square with menu items -- which in itself is not surprising.

But also, I no longer saw a double flash of that menu.  It was a very
quick load, straight to the menu window.  I retried it with the space
removed but the whole splashimage line commented out.  Again I saw a
very quickly, single copy, skeleton menu load.

On both occasions there was not a hint of a Fedora splash image coming
from an extra stage2.

Before I make a fool of myself by reporting this as a bug, does this
look like a bug to you?  If so, why haven't others seen it.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2