Re: Weird iwl3945 wireless problem

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

That's partly right.  I read Mikkel's post as claiming that the '0x'
prefix was required for NM, which is not correct.

s-c-n and friends have only one way to enter a key and no way to specify
its type, so to distinguish hex from ascii, you need the starting '0x'
character.  Otherwise ascii 'd3adb33f' and hex 'd3adb33f' would be
indistinguishable.

NM WEP has the pulldown menu to specify the key type.  So you can choose
whether the key you enter is a passphrase or a hex key.

Thats what I get for trying to do it from memory. That is why I qualified it in my answer - I was not sure if I was remembering it correctly - I wasn't, so I am glad you corrected me.

Mikkel