Re: F9 - sendmail won't send on startup?

Knute Johnson wrote:

> I've got two installations of F9 running, one x86_64 and the other i386.
>   They both fail to send email initially but if I restart sendmail they
> send fine after that.  I'm using thunderbird and have it configured to
> use the local sendmail for sending.  The only thing I've modified in my
> sendmail.mc file is the masquerading.  Any ideas where to start looking?

It's very unlikely I can help if Craig White can't,
but doesn't it sound as if sendmail needs something
that starts after sendmail in /etc/rc.d ?

Why not try "chkconfig sendmail off" and then add "service sendmail start"
to /etc/rc.d/rc.local and see if it works there.

Or you could try giving it a later prefix number in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/ ?