Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

g wrote:

> i am using f8 and from what i have been thru and still going thru,
> i must say that f8 is not a whole lot better than what i am reading
> that f9 is like.
> when ever i go to shut down kde, i play a guessing game with it. should
> i bother with 'log out' or go ahead and press <ctrl+alt+bkspc>, which,
> by the way, fails almost as often as 'log out'.

Seems to me you ought to clarify your problem,
eg what do you mean by "log out"?
Do you mean you type these words, or do you press a button in the panel?

Isn't ctrl-alt-backspace meant to kill X, rather than shutdown?
(I could be wrong as I never use it.)

I'm pretty sure that if you said what machine you are using,
and expressed your problem clearly, it would be solved very shortly.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net