Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Sat June 14 2008 16:59:39 Antonio Olivares wrote:
> You want the latest and greatest except for KDE
> and not have to work at it, is not possible.

I've installed software the hard way - floppy tar balls in the 90's,
Unix v7 from mag tape in the 80's, paper tape in the 70's, and punched
cards in the 60's.  I've programmed two brands of minicomputer directly
through the front panel toggle switches.

But these days the sensible course is to choose a distro and install it.

One has a moral duty to provide bug reports and patches to upstream
where they will help everyone, but there is no moral duty to stay
with a distro if the devels repeatedly exhibit bad judgment.  Since
I would rather not change distros unless I have to, I'm hoping that
KDE 4.x in F9 was a mistake that won't be repeated.  I'm hoping that
Fedora will include KDE 3.5 until KDE 4.x is ready for prime time.

My loyalty is to keeping my systems secure and my users productive.
It's hard to believe that Red Hat would ship KDE 4.1 in F10, but if
it does KDE users will just choose another distro and install it.

--Mike Bird