Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 00:10 +0000, g wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> <snip>
> > Those on Fedora who use KDE and want everything to be perfect should
> > probably still be on Fedora 8 though I really have few complaints with
>
> i am using f8 and from what i have been thru and still going thru,
> i must say that f8 is not a whole lot better than what i am reading
> that f9 is like.
>
> both seem to be proof of 'you get what you pay for'. this is not to
> knock fedora, 'betas' need to be tested some where.
>
> when ever i go to shut down kde, i play a guessing game with it. should
> i bother with 'log out' or go ahead and press <ctrl+alt+bkspc>, which,
> by the way, fails almost as often as 'log out'.
>
> i do believe that it would be better to delay a release when so many
> bugs are present. if a lot of bugs are known and left for later update,
> i believe that it would be better to at least have a 'bug list' included.
> then we, as 'testers' would at least know what to watch out for.
>
> granted, developers will never know where all bugs are, but at least it
> would be nice to know about 'known bugs' when they release. in fact, if
> i had a 'known bugs list' i just might enjoy being a guinea pig. :o)
----
I have a lot of machines running Fedora 8 / KDE and none experience the
issue you are talking about. I suspect there is a problem with your
installation because that is not an issue with Fedora 8/KDE.

As for the notion of you get what you pay for...this is essentially a
community project and you can participate as much or as little as you
wish. If you have discovered bugs, the idea is to report them to
bugzilla so they can be fixed. Granted at this stage, a packager isn't
likely to spend much time on a problem that is in F-8 but not in F-9.

Craig