Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 18:09 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> >
>> > Precisely.  I  use CentOS where I need total stability, Mandriva where I want
>> > ease for technophobics and Fedora on the rest.  Where else do you get choice
>> > like this?
>>

>> Anne, and all KDE users. Do any of you really, and I mean really, believe that
>> Fedora is responsible for the KDE 'problems'? That the KDE problems are not
>> KDE's problems? That Fedora released in their ISO's a KDE that was made
>> intentionally to 'break' KDE in Fedora?
>>
>> I know that you don't Anne  ;-)  This is mostly addressed at the other users
>> posting in these several threads.
>>
>> Ok. How many of those of you that are disappointed or upset with KDE 4.x did
>> any research *before* you installed/upgraded? How many of you downloaded a KDE
>> Live-CD and actually tried it *before* you installed/upgraded?
>>
>> If you did not look or try it first you have very little to really complain
>> about here. Would you buy a car, a house, rent an apartment, buy a suit, buy a
>> pair of shoes without first looking at them or trying them out/on? Try before
>> you buy.

> Please don't get into this concept of blaming users because the packages
> made the decision to go to KDE-4

I think users need to be responsible for their decisions.

> and we all have to deal with it. It's
> not a big thing but it's enough to cause me to delay rolling out
> Fedora-9

Seems like a good reason. You Furthermore, you took the time to see
what's up before rolling out.

> to a network of KDE users for now because of their expectations
> and level of skills has them putting files on the Desktop which is
> presently dead space on KDE.

Soon to be fixed last I read. Seems for the better. You could have a
smb share on your desktop now. You may like this.

( www.pembo13.com )