Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 18:09 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> >
>> > Precisely.  I  use CentOS where I need total stability, Mandriva where I want
>> > ease for technophobics and Fedora on the rest.  Where else do you get choice
>> > like this?
>>

>> Anne, and all KDE users. Do any of you really, and I mean really, believe that
>> Fedora is responsible for the KDE 'problems'? That the KDE problems are not
>> KDE's problems? That Fedora released in their ISO's a KDE that was made
>> intentionally to 'break' KDE in Fedora?
>>
>> I know that you don't Anne  ;-)  This is mostly addressed at the other users
>> posting in these several threads.
>>
>> Ok. How many of those of you that are disappointed or upset with KDE 4.x did
>> any research *before* you installed/upgraded? How many of you downloaded a KDE
>> Live-CD and actually tried it *before* you installed/upgraded?
>
> I did that so I knew what I was getting into and I don't regret it for a
> moment.
>
> poc

While I personally feel that the expectations of stability, or lack
there of, were communicated to the public by the KDE team, especially
considering all the discussions went on in public.

However, may we could benefit from even more transparency through
possibly centralized info on KDE. I have some non-Fedora projects I
need to wrap up, but I will see what I can contribute towards clearer
info on KDE in Fedora, because frankly, I would rather not switch to
Ubuntu, or Suse.

( www.pembo13.com )