Re: Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 18:07 -0700, stan wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > OK, the errors are fewer:
> >
> >         Opening ALSA PCM device default
> >         Opening ALSA PCM device default
> >         The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.
> >         This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> >         	etc.
> >
> > So now it's an ALSA problem. Still, it's an improvement I guess. I'm
> > using PulseAudio and I don't have problems with sound in Flash, Amarok,
> > Mplayer etc.
> >
> > poc
> >
> I don't think that realplayer has a pulseaudio plugin.  When you go into
> the configuration
> is there an option to select a pulse plugin?  If there isn't, it needs
> to work with alsa directly,
> instead of through pulse.  That would be why the request for the default
> sound device failed.
> Pulse is holding it.
>
> Try turning off pulse and running again.

Now it runs the video with no sound at all, but at least it doesn't
freeze. However there's a continual stream of error messages on the
terminal saying:

*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
*** Is your sound server running?
*** See: http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Troubleshooting

over and over.

poc