Re: Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

[snip]
OK, the errors are fewer:

        Opening ALSA PCM device default
        Opening ALSA PCM device default
        The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.
        	etc.
So now it's an ALSA problem. Still, it's an improvement I guess. I'm
using PulseAudio and I don't have problems with sound in Flash, Amarok,
Mplayer etc.

poc
I don't think that realplayer has a pulseaudio plugin. When you go into the configuration is there an option to select a pulse plugin? If there isn't, it needs to work with alsa directly, instead of through pulse. That would be why the request for the default sound device failed.
Pulse is holding it.

Try turning off pulse and running again.

[snip]