Re: Deleting all messages of a collapsed thread in thunderbird

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 13:04 -0400, John Burton wrote:
> rlengland@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> Hi Patrick,
> >>
> >> I'm sorry, but does not help: Only the uppermost (the thread leader
> >> message) will be moved to the trash.
> >>
> >> JB

> >> --
> >> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >>

> > This is a little bit of a workaround but it works for me.
> >
> > If you install the extension called Buttons
> > <http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php> in Thunderbird, one
> > of the new buttons you can place on the tool bar will delete an entire
> > thread.
> >
> > I hit F8 in Thunderbird to remove the display or preview pane (leaves
> > only the list of email by subject line)  highlight  any one of the
> > email items in a thread, and the whole thread is removed.
> Another way to do it is simply click on the "Threads" icon for a thread
> of messages. This will "select" the entire thread. Once selected, then
> simply click on the delete icon...

He doesn't want to open the thread, which is necessary in order to
select it (selecting with Ctrl-Shift-A will open it if it's closed).
OTOH if by opening he means viewing, then yes he could do that by
closing the preview pane first (F8).

poc