Re: Deleting all messages of a collapsed thread in thunderbird

rlengland@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at  9:25 AM, joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 15:21 +0200, joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, I'm running F9 with thunderbird-2.0.0.14-1.fc9.i386 and have the following question:

Is it possible to delete all messages of a thread, which is collapsed, without opening the thread?

Try this: close the preview pane and drag the thread to the Trash. Note:
this is just speculation as I haven't tried it.

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry, but does not help: Only the uppermost (the thread leader message) will be moved to the trash.

JB

poc

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is a little bit of a workaround but it works for me.

If you install the extension called Buttons <http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php> in Thunderbird, one of the new buttons you can place on the tool bar will delete an entire thread.

I hit F8 in Thunderbird to remove the display or preview pane (leaves only the list of email by subject line) highlight any one of the email items in a thread, and the whole thread is removed.
Another way to do it is simply click on the "Threads" icon for a thread of messages. This will "select" the entire thread. Once selected, then simply click on the delete icon...

John