Re: getting rid of gnome

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I tried Tom's ~/.xsession suggestion; for some reason, it didn't work,
but it did remind me that on my regular desktop machine (the one I'm
playing with now is an eee pc) I use ~/.Xclients for this purpose -
and that did the trick here, too. Actually, I don't know how much of
gnome is running, but at least the WM is what I start in ~/.Xclients.

For those who suggested fvwm: you're preaching to the convert :) On my
regular desktop I use fvwm, too (the last, unmaintained version of the
original, fvwm-1 series), and I've been perfectly happy with it for
the past
almost 14 years. But on the eee pc, I found I liked icewm (the default
WM of the Xandros install it comes with) and I thought I'd try to see
how it works there with Fedora.

Now on to more substantial problems of F9 on the eee!

Andras