Re: Fedora 9 /dev/rtc missing

> Try simply creating it:
>
> mknod c /dev/rtc 254 0
>
> On my system /dev/rtc is a symlink to /dev/rtc0, which is as above.
> Don't know if that matters.

I tried a few things.  First I did replace the CMOS battery just in
case, no go was not the issue.

Second I tried MAKEDEV /dev/rtc which created a device file with a
MAJOR/MINOR pairing of 10, 135 just as devices.txt specifies, however
this did not work and the device was gone after a reboot.

The I tried a series of mknod's with varying MAJOR/MINOR pairings i.e.
mknod /dev/rtc c 10 135 and mknod /dev/rtc c 10 254 and mknod /dev/rtc
c 254 0 none of which worked and the device always disappears after a
reboot.

Is there some log file I can check to look for errors in creating
devices at boot?