Re: Looking for motherboard recommendations

Roberto Malinverni wrote:
-----Messaggio originale-----
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:32:37 -0400
From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Looking for motherboard recommendations

Which model Asus are you using?

The one I was referring to in my post is a P5GD2 Premium (2004, IIRC).
I updated its bios a couple of times already.
I also have an older P4P800-X and a newer P5VD2-VM (microatx: requires
recent kernel for the onboard NIC and latest OpenChrome drivers for the VIA
PM900 chip).

Have P4P800 Deluxe, P4P800-E Deluxe, P5LD2-VM, P4PE, and a little ASUS microatx system using a low power AMD CPU (Positron, something like that). Like 'em a lot.

However, ASUS is going to be shipping their new line (coming this month) with Linux in BIOS of every one. While you might want to install Fedora, isn't it nice to know that (a) Linux sure-as-hell runs on the hardware, and (b) you don't need to look for a recovery CD, you have a whole recovery Linux?

On my P5LD2-VM (Rev 2) I'm told that the latest BIOS will recognize all of 4GB RAM and run Q6600 CPU, but what I have is reliable and up 278 days, I'm not over sure I want to reflash the BIOS on a production system. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>