Re: F9: What's up with the Firefox home page?

Tom Horsley wrote:
In the preferences, I set the "startup" page to be be "blank",
then I exited firefox, started it again, and observed that I
did indeed get a blank page.

Then I went back into preferences and set home page to be
"current page", so finally I have home and startup pointing
to the same place.

Now try that using http://start.fedoraproject.org as the home page.

Using startup = blank, when I click "current page", FF enters "about: blank" in the home page field.

Using startup = home page, and showing start.fedoraproject.org, clicking "current page" does nothing.

Entering http://start.fedoraproject.org in the home page entry sets that as the home page, but does not affect the "home" button.

Maybe I only imagined that the home button once went to the Fedora page. Maybe they want some easy way for newbies to get to a known page. I just though it was a little weird that the home button doesn't go to the users home page.

Thanks for having a look.

<Joe