Re: make thunderbird NOT show html

Roger Heflin wrote:
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Mike Wright <mike.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi all,

It seems that there are many clueless people who could never write a web
page but seem to feel more than qualified to send html mail.  I am tired of
squinting at itty bitty fonts that are rendered by Thunderbird whenever it
displays html email.  (List denizens, please note: html mail gets an instant
delete here; you will receive no help from me.)

Does anybody know how to make Thunderbird display only the text/plain
portion of multipart email?

I've set up a filter to delete email with the header "Content-Type:
text/html" but that only catches some of it.

A hearty toast to whomever can solve this one.

Maybe:

view -> message body as -> plain text

And that bad news for us is those clueless people are developers that
develop email programs and really don't have a clue what they are doing, but
certainly think they do.

                                 Roger

On the OpenOffice.org list, there are usual requests to add an email program to OOo for creating email, just like Word and Outlook. It follows many of the complaints on this thread as well.

--
Robin Laing