Re: remove liberation-fonts

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 00:27 +0400, andrey i. mavlyanov wrote:
> another question - what is the steps to make "native microsoft" Arial,
> Times and etc. MS Fonts to be the preffered for their name?

Obvious question, but I have to ask:  Do you actually have them
installed?  And if so, where?

> Currently I could see that in most places the Arial is not MS Arial,
> but Liberation Serif.

Where/what?

While I've not actually tried it specifically with Arial, I have tried
specifying other certain fonts, and I notice that Firefox typically does
whatever it feels best (darned if I could work it out), yet other
programs did use fonts as told to.

> What is the place to configure this?

One place to start to research this:  /etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Read the comments in the file, track back what owns it, research that.
Look at related information.

I participated in a thread about this on May 8th, Re: Liberation Fonts &
Font-Mapping 101.  Have a prowl through the archives, the link is in the
mailing list's signature below (the address isn't just for
unsubscribing).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686