Re: ssh to a remote server via gateway server

On 02Jun2008 16:23, lux <yuanlux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| > > It sounds like you have experience with what he is trying to do, so
| > > please continue to advice the OP. What he is does now is ssh to PC A, and
| > > then ssh to PC B. What he wants to ssh to PC B in one command, but he has
| > > to go through PC A. (firewall machine?)
| >
| > Then he definitely wants sshto:
| >
| >  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sshto
| >
| > Conveniently, it can make use of an sshtorc file that maps "name" into an
| > arbitrary "name1!name2!name3!..." ssh hop path. I routiney get only
| > certain hosts as "sshto foo" where "foo" designates a multihop ssh path.
|
| Sounds a  very interesting tool. I gave it a try. But
| what is shqstr?
| looks a like a command, but not in my system

Yeah, sshto shamelessly uses other scripts from that same collection.
Shqstr quotes strings for handing to eval/sh/remote-ssh intact.

The simplest thing is to go to:
  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/
and download the tarball, unpack into /opt/css. Source /opt/css/env.sh
to fix up your $PATH (it appends, so as not to preempt any of your
normal commands or libraries). Then retry.

Please let me know if you have further trouble; this stuff is _meant_ to be
usable by people who aren't me:-)

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

When Microsoft Office is your only hammer, pretty much everything begins to
look like a nail. Or a thumb. - Rob Pegoraro