Re: ssh to a remote server via gateway server

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30May2008 19:14, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> I missed the start of this thread, but you can use the ProxyCommand ssh
>> option to hop through multiple servers, keeping the "top level" ssh
>> nicely connected to your terminal and the endpoint (via the proxycommand
>> tunnel). Which may solve the -t option issue.
>>
>> I have a script called "sshto" that does exactly this for multihop ssh
>> connections. Very handy, especially since you can make "sshto" the
>> default transport for rsync, letting you do multihop rsyncs easily:
>>
>>   rsync some-dir/ host1\!host2\!host3:some-other-dir/
>
> It sounds like you have experience with what he is trying to do, so
> please continue to advice the OP. What he is does now is ssh to PC A, and
> then ssh to PC B. What he wants to ssh to PC B in one command, but he has
> to go through PC A. (firewall machine?)

Then he definitely wants sshto:

 http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sshto

Conveniently, it can make use of an sshtorc file that maps "name" into an
arbitrary "name1!name2!name3!..." ssh hop path. I routiney get only
certain hosts as "sshto foo" where "foo" designates a multihop ssh path.

Sounds a  very interesting tool. I gave it a try. But

what is shqstr?
looks a like a command, but not in my system

thanks

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

My motto is, 'Do it my way or watch your butt.' -  Nathan Arizona