RE: F9 text consoles

> Which X driver are you using?  Does it work if you boot to runlevel 3 ?
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Mike Cisar <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Have installed F9 on a couple of new PC's and am having some head-
> scratching
> > behavior with regard to the text-consoles.  Systems boot up just
> fine, and
> > the GUI works no problem.  However trying to get into any of the text
> > consoles (ie. CTRL-ALT-F1, F2, F3, etc) the monitor just pops up a

I have tested further, and indeed the text consoles do work in runlevel 3.  I also managed to muddle my way through changing the X driver from "radeon" to the generic vesa driver.  In that configuration the text consoles work just fine as well (although the GUI is in pretty bad shape with that driver).

I'm assuming that this problem is related to the radeon driver.  Are there any settings that I should try tweaking to resolve?

Thanks!