Re: Fedora 9 + Network Manager = Wireless NOT Connecting

Marc Ferguson wrote:

> I did the "iwlist scan" and I noticed it did scans for: lo, eth1, wifi0,
> eth0, irda0, and pan0.  My wireless device, according to Network
> Configuration is eth0.  I find that weird; in prior distros wireless
> devices where labeled wlan0, wlan1, etc.
>
> The scan did pick up something for wifi0 and eth0.

What is "something"?
Did it pick up the AP you are hoping to use?
If so, it seems to me that NM _is_ working.
Do you know what kind of encryption the AP is using?
Did you try clicking on the NM applet in the panel?

IMHO, NM is very, very bad at telling you
where the connection is breaking down
if it does not connect cleanly.

The NM developers suffer from the delusion
that NM always works.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net