Re: how to find WEP/WPA key to network if possible

On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can ask permission from Administration, but the guy that knows the key is not here.

Then you have a problem that's not of your making.

Take the necessary steps to request a key.  If it is not possible to obtain one
due to someone's vacation, insure that the next person up-the-ladder is aware
of the situation (send a memo, literally) and then it becomes that person's
problem to either resolve immediately or tell you to wait for the vacationing
person to return.

Either way, it's out of your hands.  I would not recommend attempting to crack
someone's network, even with the best of intentions.

Now, if the only guy who knows how this stuff works has died, then the solution
is to document the problem and obtain permission to reset the routers and set
the network up again if you're the one who's to replace the deceased.  If you're
not that person, then you make your request for authorization and a key to the
person who is replacing the deceased.