Re: Fedora 9 and Security

Amadeus W.M. wrote:

Because if I'm a new user and I want to change, say, from UUID to labels (post-installation) I may not know how to do that. You don't suppose new users would know better after than before, do you?

You have to think about use cases and think about why non technical users would want to change any very low level details like this. If there are good reasons why fiddling with these are important, higher tools like say a graphical utility can be written but thinking about why is always important because the need to change these settings might point to other things can be done better.

Rahul