Re: Fedora 9 and Security

On 5/28/08, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can use uuids, labels or device names. Nothing has changed there. The
> defaults the installer uses have changed, and it makes no sense for the
> installer to ask new users questions like
>
> Use UUID, LABEL or device name ?"

How about old users? Perhaps in this new-user-friendly form:

"Use UUID (recommended), LABEL or device name ?"

Disclaimer: I've never heard of uuids before. But perhaps it'd make
sense for those of us who are using older releases of Fedora, have
several partitions, and would like to install F9 in a separate
partition so we can go back to F8 or F7 in case something goes
wrong, to chose LABEL.

> Because the answer in 99.99% cases is "uh ??"

Or: "OK, let me chose the default".

Andras