Re: F9 - Install a Font

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 11:26 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> >> Closed only because no one bothered to confirm whether the bug still
> >> exists yet or not.
> >>
> > It must be very depressing to see the huge number of bugs that stick on a
> > NEEDINFO ticket for years, with no-one bothering to follow them up.
>
> Shrug, folks are busy, I think we can all understand that.  In a perfect
> world all bugs would be fixed, and everyone would get a magical
> fedora-branded pony.  :)
>
> My take as packager, is that if a bug isn't important enough for followup
> (esp after NEEDINFO) or to be reported (properly), then it's not important
> enough to take the time/effort to look at and fix.   I try to focus on the
> stuff that folks care about the most, where I see/hear the most (hopefully)
> constructive feedback.  hrm... I feel a blog coming on...

Rex, the other shoe on that pony, as has been debated before, is that a
lot of us would prefer to ask the list first, just so we're not creating
something <*>--STUPID--<*>  on the bug list.

I'm sure the guys that have to answer those tickets would rather we make
sure that we've TRIED to become informed on the problems first, then to
make an intelligent as well as useful submission to bugzilla after. Or,
we could just put the list to bed and file every problem to bugzilla to
wait months for the result. That's my take on it. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar